CARING FOR YOUR NEW TATTOO:
Remove bandage within two hours. Wash your hands then gently wash your tattoo with an antibacterial soap using your fingertips. DO NOT use a washcloth or scrubber! Rinse thoroughly. Pat dry with a clean paper towel. Allow your tattoo to air dry another 20-30 minutes or longer if it appears to be oozing or moist. When dry, apply a very small amount of ointment, preferably Aquaphor, or Hustle Butter, twice-three times a day, rubbed completely into the skin so that it does not appear slick or slimy. After the first 4-5 days you may switch to a small amount of fragrance and dye-free hand lotion to moisturize your tattoo 5-6 times a day or whenever it appears dry. ALWAYS wash your hands before applying ointment or lotion!!!
- DO NOT pick, scratch, or peel any loose skin or scabs! They will come off when ready while washing or applying moisturizer.
- DO NOT soak your tattoo in pools, oceans, baths, hot tubs, etc. Short showers only until the tattoo is completely healed. (approximately 2-3 weeks.)
- NO direct sunlight until completely healed. Once completely healed if you cannot prevent exposure to the sun then apply maximum strength sunblock (SPF 30) to keep your colors looking bright and new!!
- DO NOT expose your tattoo to unclean conditions, irritating clothing, or anything that may hinder healing. Wear clean, loose clothing to protect tattoos.
- Be aware that during the first few days of healing the tattoo may seep ink, blood, or lymph which may stain clothing, sheets, or other fabrics.
- ALWAYS wash your hands before touching your tattoo! Do not let others touch it. For any questions or concerns, feel free to call or stop by.
Aftercare is vital to the healing of your tattoo and it is important to follow these instructions. Call your artist immediately if you have any problems during the healing process. Please feel free to call us with any concerns.
CARING FOR YOUR NEW PIERCING:
Neilmed WoundWash is a sterile saline solution that cleanses minor wounds and scrapes without any burning or stinging.
NeilMed WoundWash Saline Spray. Isotonic, Drug Free, Preservative Free, No Burning Or Stinging.
Neilmed WoundWash is a sterile saline solution that cleanses minor wounds and scrapes without any burning or stinging. Sprays in any position, including when inverted.
Sterile, drug free, and preservative free
No burning or stinging
Portable, convenient for travel or on-the-go
1 Neilmed WoundWash Saline Spray Can (177 mL) with Sterile, Preservative Free, Isotonic Saline Solution
- Please read Warning before using. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED, IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST SEE YOUR DOCTOR/HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL.ON THE VERY FIRST USE: Hold the head of the actuator from the side and try to lift it up with a gentle pull. If the plastic head does not lift off the base with a tug, tab is intact. If the plastic head lifts off, tab is broken and the spray canister should not be used. Upon confirmation of the intact tab, proceed as directed.
Directions for use
- Before use, spray a short stream of Wound Wash Saline Spray™ in the air or on intact skin to test stream and to clear nozzle.
- To dispense, aim nozzle at the affected area and spray from a distance of 2 to 4 inches, or as is comfortable.
- Cover with clear cap after each use.
Ingredients: USP Grade Water, USP Sodium Chloride (9 mg/mL)
- Do not use on burn injuries. Do not use in body orifices, ear canals, eyes or mouth.
- Not for injection.
- For individual use only.
- Apply as needed. Consult a healthcare professional for continued wound care management and for use on children younger than 2 years of age.
- Contents under pressure; please do not puncture or incinerate.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store between 41° F (5° C) & 80° F (27° C), out of sunlight & away from heat sources and avoid freezing.
- Do not use if package is damaged.
- If redness, swelling, or pain worsens, please seek the advice of your health care practitioner.
HEALING TIME ESTIMATION:
EARLOBES: Usually heal in 4-8 weeks; Neilmed.
ALL EAR CARTILAGE: Usually heals 3-6 months; Neilmed as recommended, as cartilage is prone to cysts. Be sure to rinse jewelry and ear after shampooing to remove residue. Clean your ears after using styling products. Cartilage piercings are tender to sleep on, avoid sleeping on your new piercing as irritation will extend the healing process.
NOSTRIL-NOSE: Usually heals in 10-12 weeks (septum, 6-8 weeks); Neilmed as recommended, as nose piercings are prone to cysts. Clean the inside of the piercing site with a saturated Q-tip.
EYEBROW/ANTIBROW: Usually heals in 8-10 weeks: Neilmed as recommended.
TONGUE/INNER ORAL PIERCINGS: Usually heal 6-8 weeks; Use alcohol-free antiseptic mouthwash, 2-4 times daily. You will have swelling for 1-2 weeks. Rest your tongue. Do not stick it out past your teeth for the first week. Eat small, frequent meals and frozen fruit bars. Advil, Aleve, and Motrin will help with the swelling but may also cause bleeding so don’t overdo it. Drinking alcohol in any quantity will significantly increase swelling, and can cause EXTREME INFECTION within the first 3 weeks. Drink plenty of water. Brush teeth gently at first; do not brush the tongue during healing. Expect to see more lymph drainage coming from the piercing site. No kissing (or any oral contact) until healed, Be sure to check the barbell balls are screwed on tight and be sure to ‘downsize’ after healing (if advised)
LABRETS-LIPS-BEAUTY MARKS: Usually heals in 8+ weeks; Neilmed as recommended, inside and out. Remember the intra-oral healing appears white. If a stud was used, expect the disk to embed slightly into the lip over time, but do not allow new skin to form over the disc. If this begins, see your piercer immediately for 2 jewelry changes. Downsize post length on stud (if used) after 2-3 weeks.
NAVEL/LOWER NAVEL: Usually heals in 4-6 months; Neilmed as recommended. Expect some redness at the edges for up to a couple of months. A hard, vented eye patch can be applied under tight clothing or secured by using an elastic bandage around the body. This can protect the area from restrictive clothing, excess irritation, and impact from physical activities such as contact sports. Pants or skirt lines should be worn below your navel or it can be irritated so badly that it will not heal.
KELOIDS/SCARS/CYSTS: Some piercings are prone to keloid or scars, cysts. A cyst is a fluid-filled bump very close to the piercing, Usually, they are tender; do not attempt to pop a suspected cyst! Regular Neilmed cleaning, or sea salt soaks encourages drainage. Should a cyst occur and Neilmed offers no relief, contact your physician.
You have just received a body piercing from a trained body piercing licensee. Now it's up to YOU to take appropriate care of your piercing during the critical healing period. If you have any questions or comments during the healing of your piercing, please do not hesitate to call.