CARING FOR YOUR NEW TATTOO:
Remove bandage within two hours. Wash your hands then gently wash your tattoo with an antibacterial soap using your fingertips. DO NOT use a washcloth or scrubber! Rinse thoroughly. Pat dry with a clean paper towel. Allow your tattoo to air dry another 20-30 minutes or longer if it appears to be oozing or moist. When dry, apply a very small amount of ointment, preferably A&D, Aquaphor, or Tattoo Goo, twice-three times a day, rubbed completely into the skin so that it does not appear slick or slimy. After the first 4-5 days you may switch to a small amount of fragrance and dye-free hand lotion to moisturize your tattoo 5-6 times a day or whenever it appears dry. ALWAYS wash your hands before applying ointment or lotion!!!
- DO NOT pick, scratch, or peel any loose skin or scabs! They will come off when ready while washing or applying moisturizer.
- DO NOT soak your tattoo in pools, oceans, baths, hot tubs, etc. Short showers only until the tattoo is completely healed. (approximately 2-3 weeks.)
- NO direct sunlight until completely healed. Once completely healed if you cannot prevent exposure to the sun then apply maximum strength sunblock (SPF 30) to keep your colors looking bright and new!!
- DO NOT expose your tattoo to unclean conditions, irritating clothing, or anything that may hinder healing. Wear clean, loose clothing to protect tattoos.
- Be aware that during the first few days of healing the tattoo may seep ink, blood, or lymph which may stain clothing, sheets, or other fabrics.
- ALWAYS wash your hands before touching your tattoo! Do not let others touch it. For any questions or concerns, feel free to call or stop by.
Aftercare is vital to the healing of your tattoo and it is important to follow these instructions. Call your artist immediately if you have any problems during the healing process. Please feel free to call us with any concerns.
CARING FOR YOUR NEW PIERCING:
DO NOT USE any product marked "For External Use Only" including, but not limited to, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, lidocaine (e.g. Bactine), triple antibiotic ointment (e.g. Neosporin), antiseptic (e.g. Betadine/Hibiclens, etc)
Use products that will not irritate the piercing and will facilitate fast healing, such as A mild, fragrance-free liquid soap-preferably antimicrobial or germicidal.
RECOMMENDED: H2Ocean Piercing Aftercare Spray
H20cean Piercing Aftercare Spray is the most effective way to cleanse new body piercings. This patented formula, enhanced with natural enzymes, has over 82 trace elements and minerals essential for living cells. Wash hands before cleaning, then use H20cean 3-6 times per day as needed, to help remove dried discharge and secretions safely.
Sea Salt mixture, cleaning procedure
Clean hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap. Mix ¼ tsp Sea Salt to 8 o2 of distilled, or bottled water. A stronger mixture IS NOT better. Saturate the piercing site for 3-5 minutes. Repeat the procedure 3.5 times daily.
- DO NOT change or remove jewelry earlier than recommended, Switching jewelry can happen after 2 months depending on the healing of the piercing. (Piercer will advise if your specific piercing has a different time frame). You may also downsize your piercing after 3-4 weeks, always by a professional.
- Do not move the piercing jewelry when the site is crusty; it does more harm to the piercing site than good.
- Do not play with the new piercing, physical irritation is the WORST!!!
- When clothing is in contact with the piercing make sure it's clean, loose, and breathable.
- Keep piercing out of hot tubs, pools, and or bodies of water until healed.
- Be careful not to snag your piercing on clothing, seatbelts, washcloths, towels, and also OTHER PEOPLE!
- Keep shampoo, hair products, makeup, lotions, and soaps out of the piercing AT ALL TIMES!
- Make sure clothing, sheets, pillowcases, are changed and cleaned regularly to ensure the health of the piercing, and also yourself.
HEALING TIME ESTIMATION:
EARLOBES: Usually heal in 4-8 weeks; Use H20cean, or sea salt soaks as desired for comfort.
ALL EAR CARTILAGE: Usually heals 3-6 months; Use H20cean, or sea salt soaks as recommended, as cartilage is prone to cysts. Be sure to rinse jewelry and ear after shampooing to remove residue. Clean your ears after using styling products. Cartilage piercings are tender to sleep on, avoid sleeping on your new piercing as irritation will extend the healing process.
NOSTRIL-NOSE: Usually heals in 10-12 weeks (septum, 6-8 weeks); Use H20cean, or sea salt soaks as recommended, as nose piercings are prone to cysts. Clean the inside of the piercing site with a saturated Q-tip.
EYEBROW/ANTIBROW: Usually heals in 8-10 weeks: Use H2Ocean or sea salt soaks as recommended.
TONGUE/INNER ORAL PIERCINGS: Usually heal 6-8 weeks; Use alcohol-free antiseptic mouthwash (H2Ocean Mouthwash is recommended.) 2-4 times daily. Substitute sea salt soaks as needed. You will have swelling for 1-2 weeks. Rest your tongue. Do not stick it out past your teeth for the first week. Eat small, frequent meals and frozen fruit bars. Advil, Aleve, and Motrin will help with the swelling but may also cause bleeding so don’t overdo it. Drinking alcohol in any quantity will significantly increase swelling, and can cause EXTREME INFECTION within the first 3 weeks. Drink plenty of water. Brush teeth gently at first; do not brush the tongue during healing. Expect to see more lymph drainage coming from the piercing site. No kissing (or any oral contact) until healed, Be sure to check the barbell balls are screwed on tight and be sure to ‘downsize’ after healing (if advised)
LABRETS-LIPS-BEAUTY MARKS: Usually heals in 8+ weeks; Use H20cean, or sea salt soaks as recommended, inside and out. Remember the intra-oral healing appears white. If a stud was used, expect the disk to embed slightly into the lip over time, but do not allow new skin to form over the disc. If this begins, see your piercer immediately for 2 jewelry changes. Downsize post length on stud (if used) after 2-3 weeks.
NAVEL/LOWER NAVEL: Usually heals in 4-6 months; Use H2Ocean, or sea salt soaks as recommended. Expect some redness at the edges for up to a couple of months. A hard, vented eye patch can be applied under tight clothing or secured by using an elastic bandage around the body. This can protect the area from restrictive clothing, excess irritation, and impact from physical activities such as contact sports. Pants or skirt lines should be worn below your navel or it can be irritated so badly that it will not heal.
KELOIDS/SCARS/CYSTS: Some piercings are prone to keloid or scars, cysts. A cyst is a fluid-filled bump very close to the piercing, Usually, they are tender; do not attempt to pop a suspected cyst! Regular H2ocean cleaning, or sea salt soaks encourages drainage. Should a cyst occur and H20cean/seas salt soaks offer no relief, contact your physician.
You have just received a body piercing from a trained body piercing licensee. Now it's up to YOU to take appropriate care of your piercing during the critical healing period. If you have any questions or comments during the healing of your piercing, please do not hesitate to call.